Just prior to the earthquake I arranged to slip 'Natural High' for some further work and fit the bulbs that I have referred to earlier.
If you have been reading previous posts you will be aware that I added some additional buoyancy aft to compensate for the additional decking. I deliberately overcompensated as I wanted to fit these bulbs as I figured that it would improve overall performance with additional waterline length and make it better for running 'downhill'.
The result was excellent. We made the bulbs slightly smaller than originally planned. This is because I made a decision to purchase a dive compressor which will be fitted under the aft seat, also to fit a DC air-con unit for the starboard cabin. In addition I have decided to replace the current genset with another one built in Australia.
All of the above will add some weight aft of the center of buoyancy. The compressor is on hand as is the air-con unit...just waiting for the delivery of the genset.
The trim of the boat is slightly down at the bow but when simulating the weight of the air-con, compressor etc it is perfect...so, I am really happy with it. The waterline is where it should be and I have been able to fit on all my extra 'comforts'.